What is Reiki?
Reiki is a Japanese healing treatment, which helps to calm the mind, promoting healing for both body and spirit. It is a gentle hands-on healing that works on a higher vibration which rebalances and renews energy to enhance your life’s journey. Reiki can help unlock your natural creativity allowing your body to restore physical and emotional well-being, helping you find true peace of mind and brings positivity to help you cope with life’s daily challenges.
Benefits from Reiki healing?
Each person experiences Reiki differently depending on their individual needs at the time. Benefits can include deep relaxation promoting a calm, passive sense of wellbeing on all levels. Some people may feel sensations of tingling, heat or experience having visions or seeing colours. Others can have an emotional response, signifying that shifts are taking place, however some clients may have no sensation at all during their treatment. A single session may be adequate, but for instance if you have long standing emotional issues, a series of sessions may be beneficial to you. In general if you find that positive and helpful changes are taking place, it may be benifial to continue treatment.
How is Reiki delivered?
Reiki is delivered by you simply lying on a bed, fully clothed covered with a warm soft blanket for comfort if you wish. I then gently places my hands in a series of non-intrusive positions on or near your body. There is no massage or manipulation and the person is treated as a whole rather than just specific areas. Each Session lasts approximately 45 minutes.
Reiki aftercare advice
After a Reiki session it is advisable to go home and relax. This ensures maximum benefit from the treatment. , it is also essential to follow the advice outlined below.
- Rest and relax after the treatment to help the body heal itself
- Drink plenty of water to help with the elimination of the toxins from the body
- Avoid strenuous exercise to allow the body to use its energy for healing
- Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol and caffeine drinks, as caffeine is a stimulant to the body and will not help the client to relax
- Maintain a healthy diet and avoid heavy meals after treatment as blood is diverted to the gut to help digestion of the food and this will divert energy away from the healing processes
General reactions following healing (The following reactions may occur)
- General fatigue, due to the release of toxins
- Pains and aches, such as headaches, low back pain, joint pain etc.
An increase feeling of calm and tranquillity
- Feeling of heightened awareness and clarity in mental thought
- frequent urination, diarrhoea or constipation
- Some people may feel emotional and tearful afterwards – when we relax we allow our emotions to surface before releasing them, this is a healthy reaction and nothing to be alarmed about
- A short-term worsening of the symptoms of medical conditions – this is a part of the healing process and perfectly normal
These are all positive signs of the body bringing itself back into balance, however it is also completely normal not to experience any of the above at all. If you are worried or concerned with any symptom(s) you are experiencing please contact myself or your GP.
View all Plans & Prices Here